The Food Pantry is Open:
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
The Food Pantry distributes both perishable and non-perishable foods to individuals and families requesting assistance.
Individuals and families are eligible to receive perishable items such as meat, eggs, bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, and non-perishable items such as canned goods, cereal and pasta.
In addition to the basic foods, we often have â€śextrasâ€ť such as pastries, crackers, raisins and trail mix which we offer to clients.
There are many different activities required to make the Food Pantry run smoothly.
- Volunteers help with client intake, filling bags, redistributing bulk foods, stocking shelves, sorting donations or assisting with record keeping.
- We purchase food from a local wholesaler, obtain items from The Greater Boston Food Bank, and accept donations from individuals and companies.
- Similar to a regular retail grocer, these items must be stocked and rotated to assure that our clients receive the freshest food we have available.
- On every visit, you must provide a picture ID and proof of residency, such as a utility bill or rent receipt.
- On your first visit, you must provide identification and proof of residency for every member of your household – children and adults. A picture ID is required for the adult who will represent the household on each visit.
Non-perishable food donations are accepted Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. For large donations, contact usÂ to arrange a time.