Donations to The Charity Guild are always welcome.
- Clean, usable clothing in excellent condition only! (No tears, holes, stains or missing buttons.) We believe the dignity of our customers is important. We will not sell anything that our volunteers would not wear. We also accept shoes, handbags and suitcases.
- Small household goods and appliances in good condition (toaster ovens, coffee makers, lamps, etc.). We also accept dishes, cooking utensils, glassware, and other kitchen items.
- Clean, usable gift ware in good condition.
- Clean sheets, blankets, and pillowcases in good condition.
- Project¬†Undercover: New, unopened packages of socks & underwear for men, women and children.
- Non-perishable food items within the expiration date (canned goods, pasta, cereal, and snacks).
- Monetary donations¬†of any size.
Thrift Shop donations are accepted¬†Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays,¬†during regular business hours.
Monthly Donor Program
The Charity Guild has an ongoing Monthly Donor Program to help cover the expense of running The Charity Guild Food Pantry.
In 2002, The Charity Guild purchased our new building at 501 Main street in downtown Brockton. The benefits of owning versus renting have been significant. Our monthly payment is now building equity for The Charity Guild and is helping us to become more firmly established in the community.
In addition to our mortgage, utilities, insurance and other business-related expenses, we have significant food costs.
Although we are able to acquire many items very reasonably from The Greater Boston Food Bank, we supplement their supplies and other donations with items we purchase from local wholesalers.
In order to provide healthy bags of food to our clients, we buy meat, eggs, margarine, cheese, and other perishable goods to supplement the pasta, rice, cereal, peanut butter, powdered milk, and canned goods we place in the bags.
Your monthly gift to The Charity Guild becomes part of the three day food supply we give our clients.
Please consider including a gift to The Charity Guild, Inc. when paying your monthly bills. We will be happy to send you a monthly reminder if you wish.
The Charity Guild, Inc. is a
non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
Donations are tax-deductible.